This article describes how to uninstall the FrontPage or
Office Server Extensions.
Note: The Server Extensions allow Microsoft Office, FrontPage, and
Visual InterDev to connect to the Web server. Removing the Server Extensions
will prevent these clients from connecting to this Web server until the Server
Extensions are reinstalled.
To remove the FrontPage or Office Server Extensions, do the
First, unextend your servers by performing the following
- Click Start and point to Programs.
- Point to Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack.
- Point to Microsoft Internet Information Server and click Internet Service Manager.
- Right-click each virtual server and click Remove Server Extensions.
- When you have uninstalled from every virtual server, click Add\Remove snap-in on the Console menu.
- Remove Microsoft Server Extensions from the Standalone tab and uncheck FrontPage Server Extensions from the Extensions tab.
- Click OK, close the MMC, and save changes
Now, uninstall the extensions by doing the following:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight the Office Server Extensions or the FrontPage
- Click Add/Remove and follow the steps in the wizard to uninstall.
Article ID: 234368 - Last Review: June 19, 2014 - Revision: 3.0
|kbhowto kbuninstall kbinfo KB234368|