When you print handouts three slides to a page, PowerPoint 2000 automatically puts three lines next to every slide image, for note taking. These lines cannot be covered up or turned off.
To eliminate these lines, you can use the Send to Word
feature in PowerPoint, and then print your handouts from Word 2000. To assist you in sending your slides to Word, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, point to Send To, then click Microsoft Word.
- On the Write Up, select Blank lines next to slides. Click OK.
- When Word is finished creating the document, you will see that there are lines to the right of the slide images. These lines are in fact only the underscore character "_", which can be easily removed.
The underscore character lines will now be deleted, and no lines will print out next to the slides.
- Click anywhere in the third column of the table.
- From the Table menu, point to Select, then click Column.
- Press Delete on your keyboard.
- On the File menu, click Print, then click OK.
Article ID: 236463 - Last Review: September 7, 2001 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition