When you are installing Windows Internet Explorer 9, you may receive an error message such as “0x800F081E.” In this situation, the installation process doesn’t finish.
To successfully install Internet Explorer 9, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your computer meets Internet Explorer 9 system requirements
- Use Windows Update to install the latest updates for your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Run Windows Update
, and then click Check for updates.
- Click <Number> important updates are available in the Windows Update window to check whether Internet Explorer 9 is included in the list of available updates. If Internet Explorer 9 is in the list, clear the check box to exclude it before you install the other updates.
Note If you receive an error message during the Windows Update process, see
Fix the problem when Windows Update is not working
- Restart the computer.
- Install Internet Explorer 9. To do this, do one of the following: If you still can’t install Internet Explorer 9, go to step 4.
- Manually install the prerequisite components
- If you still have issues, contact Microsoft Support
Find more tips, tricks, and learning opportunities at http://smallbusiness.support.microsoft.com
Article ID: 2409098 - Last Review: July 12, 2013 - Revision: 35.1
- Windows Internet Explorer 9
|kbprb kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbpubtypekc kbinstallation kbcip kbvideocontent kbmatsfixme kbfixme kbgraphxlink kbsmbportal KB2409098|