When starting the Windows Media Player from a command prompt, you can specify several startup parameters.
The Windows Media Player has several command line options:
- /open: Open the file, don't automatically start playing.
- /play: Start playing the file as soon the player is launched.
- /close: Close the player after playback (only works when used with /play).
- /fullscreen: Start the file in full-screen mode.
- /new: Use a new instance of the player.
For example, to play a file and close the player when done:
Mplayer2.exe /play /close C:\Asfroot\Sample.asf
Article ID: 241422 - Last Review: October 26, 2007 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 6.4
|kbproductlink kbinfo KB241422|Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.