In addition to the standard templates and wizards for letters, faxes, and memos, the following supplemental templates and wizard have been added for home and business use in Word 2000:
- Contemporary Press Release Template
- Elegant Press Release Template
- Invoice Template
- Professional Press Release Template
- Purchase Order Template
- Weekly Timesheet Template
- Newsletter Wizard
This article explains how to obtain, install, use, and uninstall the Supplemental Templates and Wizards for Word 2000 file.
How to Obtain the Supplemental Templates and Wizards for Word 2000
The Supplemental Templates and Wizards for Word 2000 file, Wrdtemp.exe, is available from Tools on the Web at the following Web address:
How to Install the Supplemental Templates and Wizards for Word 2000
- Download the Wrdtemp.exe file from Tools on the Web by clicking Download Now! at the top left of the Web page, and follow the instructions in the dialog boxes.
For example, after you click Download Now!, you are prompted with a message similar to the following:
You have chosen to download a file from this location.
Wrdtemp.exe from m.officeupdate.microsoft.com
What would you like to do with this file?
- Click to select Save this program to disk and click OK.
- In the Save As dialog box, change the Save in box to the folder where you want to save the Wrdtemp.exe file, and then click Save.
- After the download has completed, click Close to close the download dialog box.
- Double-click the Wrdtemp.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- In the Welcome screen of the Microsoft Word Supplemental Templates and Wizards Setup dialog box, click Next.
- In the License Agreement screen, if you want to install the Word 2000 Supplemental Templates and Wizards, click to select I accept the License Agreement, and click Next.
- In the Select Installation Type screen, click to select the type of installation you want to perform, and click Next. For example, if you want to install all options, click to select Complete and then click Next.
- In the Start Installation screen, click Next.
- After the Microsoft Word Supplemental Templates and Wizards Setup has been completed, click Finish.
How to Use the Supplemental Templates and Wizards
- Start Word.
- On the File menu, select New.
- On the Other Documents tab, click to select the icon for the template or wizard you want to create a new document from, and then click OK.
How to Uninstall the Supplemental Templates and Wizards for Word 2000
- Quit Microsoft Word 2000.
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of programs on the Install/Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Word Supplemental Templates and Wizards and then click Add/Remove.NOTE: For Microsoft Windows 2000, do the following:
- In the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, click Change/Remove Programs.
- In the list of installed programs, click Microsoft Word Supplemental Templates and Wizards, and then click Remove.
- Click Yes to confirm that you are certain you want to uninstall the Supplemental Templates and Wizards.
- When the removal process is complete, click OK in the confirmation dialog box.
Article ID: 241641 - Last Review: January 9, 2007 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
|kbdownload kbinfo kbofficeupdate KB241641|