Microsoft has released an update that is dated October 2010. This update fixes issues in the following components in Microsoft Solution for Hosted Messaging and Collaboration 4.5 (HMC 4.5):
- Active Directory Provider
- File System Provider
- Block RMO Provider
- Core RMO Provider
- SharePoint Provider
- Unified Messaging 2007 Provider
- Error Provider
- Registry Provider
- Script Provider
- PowerShell Provider
- SMTP Mail Provider
- Xml File Provider
- Windows Installer Provider
- Exchange 2007 Provider
- Managed Email 2007 Namespace
- Hosted Email 2007 Namespace
- Hosted Office Communications Server Namespace
- Managed Office Communications Server Namespace
- Office Communications Server Provider
- Shared OAB Utility
This article describes the following items about the update rollup:
- The issues that the update rollup fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update rollup.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update rollup.
- Whether the update rollup is replaced by any other update rollup.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update rollup contains.
Issues that the update rollup fixes
This update rollup fixes the issues that were documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
Description of Update Rollup 7 for Hosted Messaging and Collaboration 4.5
HMC 4.5 does not support the racing functionality and the logging functionality for providers other than Exchange Server 2007 providers
You receive error messages after you install PowerShell 2.0 on a MPS server in a Hosted Messaging and Collaboration 4.5 environment
A schema validation error occurs when a request in Hosted Messaging and Collaboration 4.5 calls the SetError method of the ErrorProvider class
Requests latency increases when an MPS server processes requests in an HMC 4.5 environment
You receive an error response when you try to call the GetSipDomains procedure of the Office Communications Server Provider namespace in HMC 4.5
It takes longer than expected to add access permissions to a public folder by using the AddFolderPermission procedure in HMC 4.0
This update rollup also fixes the following issues that are not documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you run the CreateCustomerSite procedure of the ManagedSharePoint2007 namespaceafter you apply the ActiveDirectoryProvider.msi component that is described in KB artiacle 2291373, the value of the NetBiosName property cannot be retrieved.
- An Exchange Server 2007 domain can only contain a maximum of 32K public folders. This prevents customers from creating more than approximately 20K MAPI-enabled organizations.
- If there are mailboxes which are greater than 2GB, the "Import Data from PlanManager to PWDB40" job never is completed. Even when the job is started manually, the job either errors out or stops. You may receive an error response when the "Import Data from PlanManager to PWDB40" job runs from the "ExchangeData.exe -d pwdb40 -s mpssqlvs01dal" command line.
Update rollup information
supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended
to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this
hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available"
section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not
appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain
the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required,
you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs
will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for
this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and
Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the
following Microsoft website: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for
which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a
hotfix is not available for that language.
- Hosted Messaging and Collaboration version 4.5 and Update Rollup 7 for HMC 4.5 must be installed before you apply this update.
- The logon user should be a member of the Domain Admins group.
- The HMC Deployment Tool must be installed on the first Microsoft Provisioning Server (MPS) Engine server.
You have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix does not replace a previously released
The English version of this hotfix has the file
attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time
(UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To
find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time
tab in the Date and Time
item in Control Panel.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Exchdatasetup.msi||Not Applicable||223,232||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Sharedoabutility.msi||Not Applicable||392,704||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Hostedemail2007ns.msi||Not Applicable||351,744||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Hostedofficecommunicationsserverns.msi||Not Applicable||274,944||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Managedemail2007ns.msi||Not Applicable||318,464||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Managedofficecommunicationsserverns.msi||Not Applicable||267,264||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Activedirectorypreferreddcprovider.msi||Not Applicable||142,336||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Activedirectoryprovider.msi||Not Applicable||374,784||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Blockrmoprovider.msi||Not Applicable||279,552||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Corermoprovider.msi||Not Applicable||369,664||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Errorprovider.msi||Not Applicable||217,600||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Exchange2007provider.msi||Not Applicable||544,768||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Filesystemprovider.msi||Not Applicable||406,016||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Officecommunicationsserverprovider.msi||Not Applicable||372,224||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Powershellprovider.msi||Not Applicable||216,576||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Registryprovider.msi||Not Applicable||300,544||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Scriptprovider.msi||Not Applicable||233,472||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Sharepointprovider.msi||Not Applicable||511,488||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Smtpmailprovider.msi||Not Applicable||209,920||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Unifiedmessaging2007provider.msi||Not Applicable||256,000||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Windowsinstallerprovider.msi||Not Applicable||216,576||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
|Xmlfileprovider.msi||Not Applicable||223,232||12-Sep-2010||14:54||Not Applicable|
If you have not previously installed Update Rollup 7 for HMC 4.5, before you install this update rollup, you must first install Update Rollup 7 for HMC 4.5.
For more information about how to install Update Rollup 7 for HMC 4.5, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Update Rollup 7 for Hosted Messaging and Collaboration 4.5
To install this update rollup, follow these steps:
- Log on to the first MPS server (MPS01) as a member of the Domain Admins group.
- Start the Deployment Tool, and then uninstall the following old components:
- Extract the Rollup package on the MPS server to a temporary location. For example, extract it to the following location:
- Copy the following MSI files from the C:\temp\QFERollupPackage folder to the C:\MSIShare folder, after you rename or make a copy of the existing files:
- Use the Deployment Tool to reinstall these components on the MPS Engine Server.
- An optional step is to install the new SharedOABUtility.msi file On MPS01. If you have more than 20000 Offline Address Books (OABs) or you may have more than 20000 OABs in the future, you should do this step.
- Install the new Exchdatasetup.msi file on the server on which it is already installed (EXMBXOAB01).
- Restart the Provisioning Engine on each MPS server. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the MPS Engine servers, start Component Services.
- Expand Component Services, expand Computers, and then expand My Computer.
- Click COM+ Applications.
- Right-click Provisioning Engine, and then click Shut Down.
- Right-click Provisioning Engine, and then click Start.
- In the Deployment Tool, expand Hosted Exchange, expand Exchange Provisioning Configuration, right-click the following nodes, and then execute the Initialize commands:
- Managed Email 2007
- Hosted Email 2007
- Exchange 2007 Resource Manager
- Hosted Office Communications Server
- Managed Office Communications Server
- On each Web Services server, restart Internet Information Services (IIS).
For more information about the Microsoft Solution for Windows-based Hosting version 4.5, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2444344 - Last Review: October 26, 2013 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Solution for Hosted Messaging and Collaboration 4.5
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbfix kbsurveynew kbhotfixrollup kbexpertiseadvanced KB2444344|