If your computer has automatically downloaded the Office Outlook 2007 update 2412171, you may experience one or all of the following issues in Outlook 2007:
- There is a delay when switching between email folders in the navigation pane
- The Auto Archive feature is no longer available
- You encounter errors when sending or receiving email because your Internet email account is configured to use Secure Password Authentication (SPA), but the mail server does not support SPA authentication.
Update 2412171 was revised and re-published to the public on January 11, 2011.
To resolve this issue, click to download and install the current version of update 2412171 from the Microsoft Download Center.
For more information about how to obtain the update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Office Outlook 2007 update: January 11, 2011
If you do not want to install the newer version of update 2412171, you can remove the previously installed update 2412171 as a workaround. To do this, follow these steps:For Windows 7 and Windows Vista
Video: How to uninstall an update in Windows 7
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- For Windows 7, select the option for Large icons or Small icons in the View by section in the upper-right corner of your screen. For Windows Vista, select Classic View in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Select Programs and Features.
- In the left navigation pane, select the View installed updates option.
- In the list of updates, look for update KB2412171. If you locate this update click to select it, and then click the Uninstall option. Restart your computer if you are prompted.
For Windows XP
- Click Start and Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl and then click OK.
- Click to select the Show updates check box.
- In the list of updates, look for update KB2412171. If you locate this update click to select it, and then click the Remove option. Restart your computer if you are prompted.
If you continue to experience performance issues in Outlook 2007 and you were unable to locate and remove this update follow the steps provided in this knowledge base article:940226
- How to troubleshoot performance issues in Outlook 2007
Article ID: 2485531 - Last Review: June 21, 2012 - Revision: 19.0
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
|kbcip kbvideocontent KB2485531|