Article ID: 2489240 - View products that this article applies to.
The following procedure should be used to properly upgrade a Windows Server 2008 R2 RemoteFX server and Windows 7 virtual machine running a prerelease build of Service Pack 1 to the released build of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1. This procedure should be followed to minimize problems caused by different versions of the RemoteFX components and the Hyper-V Integration Services installed on the Hyper-V host and the virtual machines.
To upgrade from the Beta or RC build to the released build:
1. Start all of the virtual machines and upgrade them from the Beta or RC build to the released build of SP1 using the following steps:
a. Uninstall the Beta or RC build of SP1 on the virtual machine
b. Reboot the virtual machine
c. Install the released build on the virtual machine
d. Reboot the virtual machine
e. Shutdown the virtual machine
2. Remove the RemoteFX video adapter from each virtual machine using Hyper-V Manager or System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 SP1
3. Upgrade the Hyper-v host from the Beta or RC build to the released build using the following steps:
a. Uninstall the Beta or RC build of SP1 on the Hyper-V host
b. Install the released build of SP1 on the Hyper-V host
c. Reboot the Hyper-V host
4. Re-install the RemoteFX role service on the host(it will be removed in Step 3-a above)
5. Add the RemoteFX video adapter back to each virtual machine using Hyper-V Manager or System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 SP1
7. At this point the virtual machines should be able to boot up and RemoteFX sessions can be established to them
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.