After you install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Microsoft Office Outlook and then locate the Microsoft Dynamics CRM folders in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010, the Outlook and CRM ribbons disappear. Additionally, the Office Outlook ribbon does not reappear unless you disable Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
This behavior may occur because of registry keys that are left over from an earlier version of Microsoft Outlook.
Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require you to reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be resolved. Change the registry at your own risk.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry subkey:
- Right-click the 2.4 registry key, and then select Export. Save the export to your desktop to create a backup.
- Right-click the 2.4 key again, and then select delete.
- Start Outlook.
Article ID: 2494581 - Last Review: April 15, 2013 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Professional Edition, when used with:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook with Offline Access
|kbmbsmigrate kbsurveynew KB2494581|