Article ID: 2502225 - View products that this article applies to.
MED-V applications that are renamed are not listed in the Windows 7 start menu.
Applications published to the Windows 7 start menu are cataloged in the MED-V workspace registry under the following key:
HKLM\microsoft\windows nt\current version\virtual machine\appallowlist
Each application is represented as an alpha numeric key located in this section of the registry, and the hash within these keys is made up of the cmdline for the executable and the cmdline arguments. After the hash is created, a rename of the application in the "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs" directory will not cause a recompute the hash value therefore the shortcut will not be renamed.
To rename a MED-V application, perform the following steps:
1. While MED-V is running, open Windows Explorer in the workspace (guest).
2. Browse to the "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs" directory.
3. Move the application shortcut(s) from the start menu or programs folders to a temporary location.
4. Validate that the shortcuts are remove from the host menu (approx. 30 seconds).
5. Rename the application shortcut(s) that are located in the temporary location.
6. Move the renamed application shortcuts back to the start menu or programs folders.
7. Validate that the shortcuts are updated in the Host Menu (approx. 30 seconds).
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.