Article ID: 2504989 - View products that this article applies to.
Consider the following scenario:
- A remote MED-V user receives an email with a link to an internal corporate site that is configured to be redirected to the MED-V workspace.
- When clicking the link, Internet Explorer 6 is launched but the internet site is not accessible because the end user is not connected to the corporate network.
- If you connect the Windows 7 host to acorporate network using a VPN connection and then retry the link to the internal site, the site is still not accessible.
The DNS table in the MED-V workspace (guest) has cached that the URL is unreachable.
1. Manually refresh the IE6 window by forcing a reset of the cache.
2. Disable DNS caching in the MED-V workspace. For more information on how to disable DNS caching, please reference the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318803
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Article ID: 2504989 - Last Review: March 10, 2011 - Revision: 4.0