When you try to sign in to Microsoft Lync Online in Office 365 as a Microsoft Office 365 Small Business customer who has a custom verified domain, you receive an error message that indicates that the server is temporarily unavailable.Note
Office 365 Small Business customers who have custom verified domains have those domains fully redelegated to Office 365. "Full domain redelegation" indicates a domain for which the name server (NS) resource records point to Office 365. Therefore, the Domain Name System (DNS) records that are required for Office 365 functionality are managed by Office 365.
To fix this problem, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the NS resource records point to Office 365. To do this, use the Nslookup tool to query the name server records for your domain. The NS resource records should point to two of the following fully qualified domain names (FQDNs):
Note If the domain was recently configured for full domain redelegation, you should wait for 72 hours before you run a query.
- If you still can’t sign in after the NS resource records have been changed, there may be a delay in publishing the Lync Online DNS records. If this occurs, test the DNS records. To do this, follow these steps:
This test examines all four DNS records that are required by Lync Online to determine whether they're correctly configured. The results of the test will resemble the following output.
- Browse to the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer
- Click the Office 365 tab.
- Under Microsoft Lync Tests, click Office 365 Lync DNS Test, and then click Next.
- Enter the address that you use to try to sign in to Lync Online (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), and then start the test.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
If the NS records and the Lync Service (SRV) records are correct, perform standard Lync sign-in troubleshooting. For more information, go to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
How to troubleshoot sign-in issues in Lync Online
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2526143 - Last Review: July 14, 2014 - Revision: 29.0
|o365 o365p o365022013 after upgrade kbgraphxlink kbgraphic KB2526143|