You're not receiving email messages in an Office 365 Small Business environment for a domain that's set up for full redelegation.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Check that the NS resource records point to Office 365. To do this, use the NSlookup tool. For more information about NSlookup, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
200525The NS resource records should point to two of the following:
- If the domain was recently set up for full domain redelegation, wait 72 hours.
- Perform DNS lookup on the MX record. The MX record should resemble the following:
<domain-com>.mail.eo.outlook.comNote In this example, <domain> is the verified domain. For example, if the domain is contoso.com, the MX record is contoso-com.mail.eo.outlook.com).
- If the NS records and the MX records are correct, follow steps that are typically used to troubleshoot mail flow.
You can use the Domain Troubleshooting Wizard from the Office 365 portal to determine how the DNS records should look.
Full domain redelegation is a domain where the name server (NS) resource records are pointing to Office 365. Full domain redelegation is only available for Office 365 Small Business subscriptions.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2526164 - Last Review: July 14, 2014 - Revision: 24.0
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
|o365 o365p o365022013 KB2526164|