Consider the following scenario:
- In a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 environment, more than one Mediation server and a Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) gateway are deployed. The Mediation servers are configured to use dual network adapters.
- A Mediation server cannot connect to the PSTN gateway because of a network issue that is specific to the Mediation server.
- You call a PSTN number by using Lync 2010.
- The call is routed to the Mediation server.
In this scenario, the Outbound Route application in Lync Server 2010 does not route the calls to a different Mediation server. Additionally, the Mediation server returns the following error:
SIP/2.0 504 Cannot connect to gateway. Socket error: TimedOut
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Mediation server: April 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to"
Article ID: 2539642 - Last Review: June 21, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition
|kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2539642|