Article ID: 2541024 - View products that this article applies to.
This update for MED-V 2.0 provides the capability for localized content to be presented in both the MED-V Workspace Packager and the MED-V Host Agent. The MED-V Workspace Packager is available in 11 different languages and the MED-V Host Agent is available in 24 different languages. The language that will be shown to the user will match the current UI culture configured for Windows. For example, when the current UI culture in Windows is set to German, MED-V will display in German. If the configured language for Windows is not one of the supported languages, then the user will be presented with the default language, with the final default being the English UI.
This update also resolves two reported issues relating to the configuration of the memory on the virtual machine and to the publishing of application shortcuts.
Information on the localization update
This update for MED-V 2.0 provides the capability for localized content to be presented in both the MED-V Workspace Packager and the MED-V Host Agent.
Information on the additional fixes:
System RequirementsWindows 7 (Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate) release or SP1, x86 or x64, with 2GB of RAM minimum
The MED-V 2.0 patch requires that the MED-V 2.0 Workspace Packager and or MED-V 2.0 Host Agent already be installed and approximately 50 mb of disk space is available.
How to obtain the MED-V 2.0 Localization UpdateThe MED-V 2.0 Localization Update can be obtained from the Microsoft Download Center:
Installation InstructionsHow to apply the MED-V Host Agent patch
1. Copy the MED-V_HostAgent_Patch.exe to any machine that has the MED-V Host Agent installed.
2. Launch the MED-V_HostAgent_Patch.exe and follow the prompts to apply the patch.
3. The user may be prompted to reboot if IE is running, as the patch updates the browser for MED-V URL redirection. The user may be prompted to reboot if the MED-V PowerShell modules are imported.
Note: If you are applying the patch via a software distribution tool, standard install parameters can be entered at a command prompt. For example “/qn /norestart” will install quietly with no UI and suppress any restarts.
How to apply the MED-V Workspace Packager patch
1. Copy the MED-V_ WorkspacePackager_Patch.exe to any machine that has the MED-V Workspace Packager installed.
2. Launch the MED-V_ WorkspacePackager_Patch.exe and follow the prompts to apply the patch.
3. The user may be prompted to reboot if the MED-V PowerShell modules are imported.
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.