This article describes how to use an Outlook appointment item to automatically open a Web page at a specified time. This feature can be used to open Web pages so that you can check traffic reports, stock reports, or other Web sites.
Your default Web browser can automatically open a specified Web page. To do this, create an Outlook appointment item that uses the NetShow Services.
To create a new, recurring Outlook appointment with the NetShow Services, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Appointment.
- Type a subject that describes the purpose of this appointment, such as: "Open http://www.microsoft.com"
- On the Actions menu, click Recurrence.
- Under Appointment time, enter a Start time.
- Set the Recurrence pattern and Range of recurrence in the other two sections of the Appointment Recurrence dialog box.
- Click OK.
- On the Appointment form, click to select the This is an Online meeting using check box.
- From the This is an Online meeting using list box, select NetShow Services.
- Next to Event Address, type the URL of the Web page that you want to open at the specified time.
- Click to select the Automatically start NetShow with Reminder check box.
- Click to select the Reminder check box, click the Reminder arrow, and then click 0 minutes from the list.
- On the File menu, click Save.
A reminder for the appointment will appear in your browser at the specified start time.
Article ID: 254489 - Last Review: September 29, 2003 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
|kbhowto kbinfo kbusage KB254489|