This article describes how to obtain the version 1.5 software and firmware update for the TC1000 and IRIQ universal remote control units.
Additionally, this article lists the new features included in and problems resolved by this update.
To upgrade a Harman Kardon TC1000 version 1.0 remote control unit to version 1.5, call Harman Kardon at (800) 422-8027.
To upgrade a JBL TC1000 version 1.0 remote control unit to version 1.5, call JBL at (800) 336-4JBL.
To upgrade a Madrigal IRIQ version 1.0 remote control unit to version 1.5, call Madrigal at (860) 346-0896.
The version 1.5 software and firmware update introduces the following
features and resolves the following problems:
- Changing two channels at a time with a single wheel scroll on
a Zenith cable box.
- When the remote is sleeping, the channel changes in the wrong
direction on awakening.
- Addition of the following new IR codes to the existing
- Signature Series (5)
- Sony DVD (1)
- Madrigal (10)
- Pioneer (10)
- RCA (10)
- Correction of installed Harman-Kardon codes.
- Problems after synchronizing with learned devices.
- Firmware appears frozen when learning while device is
- PC software crashes when adding a TV activity with no TV
- Prevents the user from programming click down from first
- Increases Drawing Speed.
- Redesiged text screens based on user feedback.
- New menu navigation and online Help.
- Back button on all activity screens (software option).
- Custom Macro icons plus dual-mode macro names.
Article ID: 254522 - Last Review: November 12, 2001 - Revision: 1.0
|kbfaq kbhardware kbinfo KB254522|Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.