Article ID: 2549386 - View products that this article applies to.
During the process of installing the prerequisites for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook, the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant installation fails, causing the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook installation to end prematurely. Examination of the crm50setup.log file will report the following error message:
Installation of Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant failed. Exit code: 1603. Result: Fatal error during installation.
On some systems, the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant install will fail if an additional installation parameter is not specified. By default, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook does not specify this additional parameter.
To resolve the issue, perform the following steps:
1. Download the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15106
(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15106)and save it to a folder on the local hard drive.
2. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt
3. Type in cd c:\<folder name>. <folder name> is the location where you downloaded the Assistant to.
4. Type in Msiexec /i wllogin_32.msi /l*v C:\setupLogs.log NOMU=1
5. Once the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant installation is complete, start the installation of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook again.
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Article ID: 2549386 - Last Review: July 7, 2014 - Revision: 6.0
Contact us for more help