This article describes how to completely remove Microsoft Works Suite
2000 and all of its components.
The Works Suite 2000 installation program removes every program included
with Works Suite 2000 except for the basic Works program.
To completely remove Works Suite 2000:
- Insert the Microsoft Works Suite 2000 Disc 1 CD-ROM into the
CD-ROM drive. Press and hold down the SHIFT key as you insert the
Works Suite CD-ROM to prevent Works Suite 2000 from starting
- Click Start, click Run, type the following line
in the Open box, and then click OK
where drive is the drive letter of the
- Click Remove.
- Click a program to remove, click Continue, and then
follow the instructions on the screen to remove the program.
Repeat this step until you have removed all of the Works
Suite 2000 programs.
- When the following message appears
All components of Microsoft Works Suite 2000 have been removed.
click Exit Setup, and then click Exit Setup again.
Note that Works remains on the Start menu, and that all of the
basic Works programs are still installed on the computer.
- Insert the Microsoft Works Suite 2000 Disc 2 CD-ROM into the
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then
click Control Panel.
- Double click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Microsoft Works 2000, click Remove, and
then click Yes.
NOTE: You may receive an error message stating that the Setup
program could not be found; however, all of the Works basic programs
have been removed from your computer.
- When you are prompted to restart the computer,
Article ID: 256874 - Last Review: December 23, 2014 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Works Suite 2000
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbsetup KB256874|