Consider the following scenario:
- The computer is running Windows MultiPoint Server 2011.
- The computer is configured to start the screen saver when the computer starts.
In this scenario, the following issues can occur:
- For stations that are configured for auto-logon, the auto-logon process does not continue until the screen saver is dismissed by input from the keyboard or from the mouse.
- For stations that are configured for manual logon, the screen saver is displayed instead of the logon screen, and the screen saver does not respond immediately to input from the keyboard or from the mouse.
This issue occurs because the Remote Desktop Services service has not started yet.
To resolve this problem, install the update rollup that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Update Rollup 1 for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2588092 - Last Review: August 8, 2011 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 Premium
- Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 Standard
|kbqfe kbfix atdownload kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2588092|