Consider the following scenario:
- You start Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010, or PowerPoint 2010 in a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) session.
- The color depth of the RDP session is set to 8-bit.
- You insert a shape or a chart into a document.
- You move the shape or the chart in the document.
In this scenario, the document is displayed in black. Therefore, it is difficult for you to move the shape or the chart to a specific location in the document.
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
Description of the Office 2010 hotfix package (Oart-x-none.msp): October 25, 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2596557 - Last Review: February 8, 2012 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Office Standard 2010
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010
|kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbhotfixallversions KB2596557|