Article ID: 2597203
The App-V Management Server installation creates database jobs in the SQL jobs section. When one of the database jobsis executed, the job fails with the error message:
“Executed as user dbo. The server principal “sa” is not able to access the database under the current security context. [SQL State 08004] error 916”.
The correct database is not selected in the SQL Server jobs configuration.
1. Open SQL Management Studio.
2. Navigate to the SQL Server Agent\Jobs node in Object Explorer.
3. Open “Properties” for the Job.
4. Select the Page for “Steps” in the left pane.
5. Select “Edit” and change the database name to the App-V Database being used. (e.g. APPVIRT).
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.