In Microsoft Office 365 dedicated, you experience the following symptoms:
- A mailbox is not migrated as scheduled from a Lotus Notes environment to a Microsoft Exchange Server environment.
- Multiple mailboxes in the Lotus Notes environment are configured to be moved. However, the mailboxes are not provisioned in a managed environment.
- During the migration, you receive one of the following error messages:
- After the migration window from Lotus Notes closes, a mailbox is still listed as "Pending" or "In Progress."
This issue may occur for one or more of the following reasons:
- Microsoft Managed Services Service Provisioning Provider (MMSSPP) did not provision the managed mailboxes. Therefore, the migrations are not processed.
- The mailbox migration failed. In this case, information about the failure should be included in the pre-migration and post-migration reports.
- Synchronization problems occurred between the customer and the managed migration scheduling databases for Lotus Notes migration.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Review the pre-migration and post-migration reports for all sets of mailbox migrations. These reports provide important information about the source of the error. This information must be provided to Microsoft if the issue is escalated for investigation. To assist the investigation, provide an example of a user and of the migration state, and also provide the related pre-migration and post-migration reports.
- Determine whether MMSSPP has provisioned a mailbox for the user. To do this, check whether there is a homeMDB attribute or a homeMTA attribute in the managed Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) for the user, or run the following Windows PowerShell command:
Get-User <mailbox email address>If the value of the RecipientType attribute is MailUser, this issue should be investigated to determine why MMSSPP did not create a mailbox for the user. For more information about how to investigate MMSSPP issues, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MMSSPP does not synchronize Exchange mailbox and mail-enabled objects to the dedicated managed Office 365 environment
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 2597781 - Last Review: January 29, 2013 - Revision: 8.0
- Microsoft Business Productivity Online Dedicated
- Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Federal
- Microsoft Exchange Online