Article ID: 2599677
We are pleased to announce that the Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 beta (DPM 2012) is released.
The key DPM 2012 features that will be available in the beta are below:
Centralized Management (Built on the Ops Manager platform)
· Centralized Monitoring and Troubleshooting
· Remote Administration
· Remote Recovery
· Push To Resume Backups
· Role Based Access
Continued Best of Breed Application Support
· SharePoint Item Level recovery without restoring Content DB
· SQL FILESTREAM support
· SharePoint RBS support
· Hyper-V Item Level Restore from a DPM running in a VM
· Faster protection of VMs on stand-alone Hyper-V servers.
Fresh DPM 2012 Console User Interface
Data Source Extensibility Framework
Certificate Based Protection of non-AD machines
· File Server
· SQL Servers
· Hyper-V servers
· Clustered Data sources
· Secondary DPM servers.
· Enhanced Granular Media Co-Location
· Tape Reliability Enhancements
Multiple DPM DB databases share a single remote SQL Instance
Upgrade support from DPM 2010
You can download the DPM 2010 Interoperability Patch hotfix via this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2581742
For all the latest news regarding DPM 2012 and the beta please see the System Center Data Protection Manager blog at http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.