Consider the following scenario:
- You install a virus scan application on a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 mailbox server.
- You use Microsoft Exchange Troubleshooting Assistant (Extra.exe) to request tracing and to collect diagnostic information on the server.
- You select the Store component in Components to Trace and the tagVirusScanAdvanced tag in Trace Tags when you click the Select a Task tab.
- You start the tracing.
In this scenario, the Store.exe process crashes. Additionally, the following log is logged in the Application log on the mailbox server:
Source: MSExchange Common
Message: Watson report about to be sent for process id: Process ID, with parameters: E12N, Build Type, Version Number, store.exe, store.exe, number, c0000005, number, Version Number.
This issue occurs because a specific parameter is not passed for tracing. Therefore, the Store.exe process crashes when the process tries to format the parameter for the virus scan.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
For more information about the StoreTags members, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2616365 - Last Review: February 13, 2012 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise
|kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2616365|