The following changes have been made to the Windows Explorer menus in Windows Millennium Edition (Me):
- The Folder Options command has been moved from the View menu to the Tools menu.
- The As Web Page command has been removed from the View menu. This functionality has been incorporated into other commands (Customize This Folder and Folder Options).
- The Go menu has been removed. Most this functionality has been moved to a new Go To command on the View menu.
- The Find command has been removed from the Tools menu.
To find files, folders, computers or people, use any of the following methods:
- In Windows Explorer, click the Search button on the toolbar.
- In Windows Explorer, point to Explorer Bar on the View menu, and then click Search.
- In Windows Explorer, press CTRL+E to display the Search bar.
The changes described in this article were prompted by usability testing, and correspond to the menu structure in Microsoft Windows 2000.
Article ID: 261937 - Last Review: January 27, 2007 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.