This article was previously published under Q262216
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes some of the new features in Windows Media Player 7.
- Integrated Jukebox: The jukebox now includes integrated playback, jukebox recording, and media library and playlist features, and is easy to transfer to portable devices.
- New Look and Design: Clearly defined buttons and simple one-click access to your most common activities are all designed to make it easier to find, organize, and play your digital audio and digital video.
- CD to PC Recorder: You can copy entire CDs to your PC in just a few minutes and even listen to the CD as it is being recorded. Windows Media Format audio files give you CD-quality audio at half the size of MP3.
- Portable Device and Media Support: You can transfer music to the latest portable devices and media, including Creative Nomad II, RCA Lyra, CompactFlash, SmartMedia, and Microsoft Windows CE-based devices.
- Media Guide and Radio Tuner: The WindowsMedia.com guide and radio tuner are an integral part of the player, offering one-click access to the best music, radio, movies, broadband, and more.
- Enhanced Media Library with Playlists: You can customize, manage, and store all of your favorite Windows Media content in one place, conveniently housed in one easy-to-use media library.
- Improved Audio and Video Controls: An integrated 10-band audio equalizer with over 20 presets lets you customize the sound just the way you want it. You can also easily adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, and hue of any video clip to the exact settings you prefer.
- Interactive Skins: Skins let you personalize the look, feel, and operation of the player by changing the user interface. Windows Media Player skins go beyond other players, offering enhanced functionality, animation, and feature extensibility. Additional skins are available for download from various locations.
- Visualizations Support: The player includes over 20 professionally created, customizable two-dimensional and three-dimensional animations (visualizations) that change and move to your music.
- Enhanced AMG Music Information: You can get in-depth information about your favorite artists right inside the player, including artist biographies, discographies, liner notes, reviews and more, all from the premier resource: the All Music Guide (AMG).
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) 2.0: Integrated client support for Secure Digital Music Initiative-capable Windows Media rights management technology delivers a simplified experience for you from purchase to playback of digital media, without the need to download additional plug-ins.
- Localized in over 20 Languages: With client and media guide content localized in over 20 languages, Windows Media Player 7 offers personalization and customization on a global scale.
- Creating your own CDs: Windows Media Player versions 22.214.171.1246 and greater enable you to create your own CDs from your playlists. You can copy any tracks to your CD, except for live streams, such as radio stations. The content owner specifies if copying tracks to a CD or device other than your computer is allowed.
For additional information about Windows Media Player 7, see the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 262216 - Last Review: February 28, 2014 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB262216|
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.