When you attempt to download and install a program or game from the Microsoft Pocket PC Expansion Pack CD-ROM, the default setting of Save this program to disk
generates the following error message:
Setup is unable to find _setup.dll which is needed to complete the installation. Error 103.
This issue can occur because the installation program is configured to run from the CD-ROM.
To resolve this issue, use either of the following two workarounds:
- Insert the Pocket PC Expansion Pack CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then wait for Autorun to start the setup program.
- After the introduction is complete, click Downloads, and then choose a download option.
- Select any of the content, utilities, or games that are listed.
- When you are prompted to run Setup, click Run this program from it's current location.
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
- Click your CD-ROM drive, and then open the folder that contains the program or game you want to install.
- Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
Article ID: 262244 - Last Review: June 17, 2000 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Windows Pocket PC with Windows CE 3.0
|kberrmsg kbprb kbsetup KB262244|Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.