Article ID: 2624388 - View products that this article applies to.
On some machines, video playback in Windows Media Center may flicker or blink while playing a DVD with subtitles enabled. This only happens while playing video in a window (not in fullscreen mode).
This is a known issue with Windows Media Center and some system configurations. The issue can be reproduced more easily playing a DVD with subtitles enabled at lower screen resolutions, particularly 800x600 and 1024x768.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. (Optional) Set screen resolution to 800x600 or 1024x768.
2. Insert a DVD in the DVD drive. If a program other than Windows Media Center starts, close it.
2. Start Windows Media Center, and leave it in a windowed mode (not fullscreen).
3. Go to 'Movies', and choose 'play dvd'.
4. Play the DVD and enable subtitles.
5. The video may occasionally flicker.
To work around this problem, use a different program such as Windows Media Player to watch the DVD, or use Windows Media Center in fullscreen mode.
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Article ID: 2624388 - Last Review: October 19, 2011 - Revision: 1.0
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.