After you upgrade your computer that is running Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition to Windows Millennium Edition (Me), you may experience one or more of the following symptoms that relate to the Juno e-mail client program:
- When you attempt to start Juno, Windows Me generates the
following error message:
NOTE: This error message only applies to you if you are using a version of Juno that is earlier than version 3.13. If you are already
using version 3.13 or later, you can disregard this error message.
This version of Juno may be incompatible with Millennium. We invite you to visit our website to download the latest version of our Juno software which is compatible with Millennium at: http://www.juno.com/upgrade, or call 1-800-TRY-JUNO.
- When you try to connect to the Internet and check your e-mail, you may receive the following error message:
Juno could not access UUNET which is necessary to connect, please restart Juno and try again.
- When you click Get New Mail in the Juno Web client,
Juno may not be able to connect to servers, and you may receive the following error message:
Please check to see if you are on line and try again.
- Additionally, you may experience the following behavior when you try to use a version of Juno that is earlier than version
- Juno version 3.0 may not automatically connect to the Internet to download e-mail.
- Juno may generate error messages about being unable to access advertisements or UUNET problems.
- If you manually create an Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection, Juno generates an error message that states it cannot connect to servers.
- When you quit Juno 3.0, Juno generates an Invalid Page
Fault error message in module Kernel32.dll.
- When you install Juno 3.0 on a Windows Me-based computer, you must create or import your Juno account information. However, when you attempt to modify the "Pacific Daylight Time" State field data on the page that requests name and address information, you cannot do so, and the sign up process stops.
This issue can occur because Windows Me does not work properly with versions of Juno that are earlier than version 3.13.
To resolve this issue, install Juno version 3.13 or later.
For information about how to contact the manufacturer of Juno, click the appropriate article number in the following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, A-K60781
Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, L-P60782
Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, Q-Z
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 262721 - Last Review: January 27, 2007 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
|kb3rdparty kberrmsg kbinvalidpagefault kbkern32dll kbprb KB262721|Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.