Article ID: 2629737 - View products that this article applies to.
When attempting to reinstall System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 (SCVMM) the installation fails with the following error:
Library Share MSSCVMMLibrary already exists.
Specify a unique library share name, and then try the operation again.
This can occur if there is a mismatch in the local path field in the SCVMM database for the corresponding library (i.e. the path of the Library seen in the database is different from the actual path of the Library).
1. Take a backup of the SCVMM Database. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc956045.aspx
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc956045.aspx)for more details.
2. Open the SQL Management Studio and browse to the VirtualManagerDB database.
3. Right-click on the tbl_IL_LibraryShare table and select Edit Top 200 Rows (or Select the Top 1000 depending on your installation). This will contain the share name and the local share path.
4. The LocalPath field will have a path that will be incorrect. Change it to the correct path if it is pointing to the wrong location.
5. Begin the process of re-installing SCVMM 2008 R2 again.
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Article ID: 2629737 - Last Review: October 20, 2011 - Revision: 1.0
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.