This article describes how to add a disclaimer or footer to your company’s outgoing email messages through Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE). Disclaimers and footers can be added to all outgoing email messages for any company that uses Microsoft Exchange Online services.
Before you add a disclaimer or footer to your company’s outgoing mail through FOPE, you should note the following:
- Determine the domains to which you want to apply the footer or disclaimer. Footers and disclaimers are applied at the domain level, and each domain can have individual footers or disclaimers applied.
- Confirm that the domain is set to authoritative and that incoming mail is enabled.
- Confirm the exact text and formatting that you want to use for the footer or disclaimer.
- Be aware that the footer or disclaimer is applied to all outgoing mail that leaves the Microsoft Online Services company. However, the footer or disclaimer is not applied to email messages that are sent from company to company, because those messages do not use the outgoing rule.
How to add a disclaimer or footer to your company's outgoing mail through FOPE
To add a disclaimer or footer to your company's outgoing mail, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the FOPE Administration Center.
- Locate the domain to which you want to apply the disclaimer or footer.
- In the Policy Filter Settings section, do the following:
- In the Text Footer field, type a plain text version of the footer or disclaimer that you want to apply. This is the footer or disclaimer text that is applied when a text email message is sent. It will not keep any formatting. Only the text is applied to the footer or disclaimer.
- In the HTML Footer field, type the HTML-coded version of the footer or disclaimer that you want to apply. Or, type the same plain text version of the footer or disclaimer that you typed earlier.
Note Both the Text Footer field and the HTML Footer field must contain a value, even if you want to use only one version of the text.
- Click Save, and then confirm that the text in both fields is saved correctly.
It may take 1.5 hours before the footer or disclaimer is available for use. When it is available, all outgoing email messages will contain the footer or disclaimer.
Article ID: 2639679 - Last Review: June 14, 2013 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Microsoft Office 365 for education (pre-upgrade)
- Microsoft Office 365 for enterprises (pre-upgrade)
|o365 o365e o365062011 o365m o365a KB2639679|