When you try to use certain shapes (such as the Lounge Chair shapes) from certain stencils (such as the Furniture and the Site Accessories stencils), the shapes from one stencil may become the shape from the other stencil.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Visio 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1).
To obtain SR-1, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Visio: How to Obtain Microsoft Visio 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1)
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
This problem was corrected in Microsoft Visio 2000 SR-1.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
- Open the Furniture stencil (Furniture.vss).
- Drag a Lounge Chair shape onto the drawing.
- Open the Site Accessories stencil (Site Accessories.vss).
- Drag and hold a Lounge Chair shape over the drawing. Note the preview of the shape.
- Drop the shape onto the drawing. Note that the shape becomes the Lounge Chair shape from the other stencil. For example, if the shape is dropped into the drawing from Site Accessories.vss first, and then the Lounge Chair shape is dropped onto the drawing from Furniture.vss, it will appear as the Lounge Chair shape from Site Accessories.vss.
Other shapes that exhibit this behavior are as follows:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Dumpster||Site Accessories.vss and Warehouse-Shipping and Receiving.vss|
|Loading Dock||Building Core.vss and Warehouse-S&R.vss |
|Bookcase||Furniture.vss and Modular Office Furniture.vss|
|Sofa||Furniture.vss and Office Furniture.vss|
|Square Table||Furniture.vss and Office Furniture.vss|
|Circular Table||Furniture.vss and Office Furniture.vss|
|Chair||Furniture.vss and Office Furniture.vss|
Article ID: 264423 - Last Review: January 27, 2007 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Visio 2000 Technical Edition
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.