This article describes the cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server that is dated January 2012.
Issues that this hotfix package fixes
This update package fixes the following issues:
A user does not receive an invitation when added to a distribution list that is a member of a chat room in Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat
The Channel service stops when a user signs in to a Group Chat client in Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat
Update package information
following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download
MgcServer.msp package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Release Date: January 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Please make sure that the following services are running before
you install the update:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server - Lookup service / Channel service
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Compliance server - Compliance service
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this
This update replaces the previously released update that is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2549044. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update package for the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server: June, 2011
To use one of the updates in
this package, you do not have to make any changes to the
Update package installation information Install this update to Office Communications Server R2 Group Chat server
Workaround on how to add a new server into an existing pool after you install this update
- Make sure that the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat features are installed, configured and functioning correctly. Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat servers include Channel server, Lookup server and Compliance server.
- Stop the Channel service and stop the Lookup service that are currently running.
- Apply this update by running MgcServer.msp on all the computers that have the Group Chat server role installed.
- On the Group Chat server, open the Server Config Tool as follows:
- Start menu: All Programs, Administrative Tools, Server Config Tool
- File location: <driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message, and the Server Config Tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Config Tool changes the server's configuration files to reflect these changes.
Note You must shut down all Group Chat servers before you perform this upgrade.
- Restart the Channel service, the Lookup service and then restart the Compliance server.
Only the MSI update files (.msp files) without a complete installer are released in the update package. After you upgraded all Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat servers to this update, follow these steps to add another Group Chat server into the existing pool:
- Set up Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server (Channel server and Lookup server) on a new database by using the same service accounts as the existing pool.
- Upgrade to the new Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat installation.
- Stop both the Channel service and the Lookup service.
- Run the following command to reconfigure the new servers
to point to the Group Chat database pool.
<driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe /i
All Services start automatically after the servers are
After you apply this update, it cannot be uninstalled. If you uninstall this update, the Channel service and the Lookup service will not start. The following error is logged in the event log:
Event ID 6407
Description : The Server is not compatible with
the database at
This update package may not contain all the
files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This
update package contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issues
that are listed in this article.
This update may not contain
all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
This update contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issues
that are listed in this article.
global version of this update package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer
package to install the update package. The dates and the times for these files
are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you
view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the
difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
in the Date and Time item in Control
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
For more information about
software update terminology, click the following article number to view the
article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2647090 - Last Review: January 19, 2012 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server
|atdownload kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbfix KB2647090|