Consider the following scenario:
- You install Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- You start the Exchange Management Console (EMC).
- You create a distribution group.
- You view the properties of the distribution group.
- On the Group Information tab, you try to add a user to the Managed by group.
In this scenario, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
You don't have sufficient permissions. This operation can only be performed by a Manager of the group
This issue does not occur in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
This issue occurs because the EMC cmdlet does not include the -BypassSecurityGroupManagerCheck
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Run the following Exchange Management Shell (EMS) command in which dl_name is the name of the distribution group, and user_name is the name of the user whom you want to add:
Set-DistributionGroup -Identity dl_name -ManagedBy user_name -BypassSecurityGroupManagerCheck
- Force Active Directory Domain Services replication.
- Open the EMC, and verify that the user was granted ownership of the distribution list.
For more information about how to change the ownership of a distribution group, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:
Article ID: 2675738 - Last Review: February 15, 2012 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
|kbsurveynew kbprb KB2675738|