The Quattro Pro 7.0 Converter for Microsoft Excel 97 is now available from Microsoft. The Quattro Pro 7.0 Converter allows Excel 97 to open .wb3 files. The .wb3 format is the default file format for Quattro Pro 7.0 for Windows.NOTE
: Excel cannot directly open Quattro Pro 6.0 for Windows (.wb2) files or Quattro Pro 8.0 (.wb3) files.
How to Install the Quattro Pro 7.0 Converter
To download and install the Quatt87.exe file, follow these steps:
- Go to the following Microsoft Web site:
- Click Download Now! Click Save this program to disk and then click OK.
- Click Save.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the Quatt87.exe file.
- Click Yes when you are asked whether or not to install this update.
- Click Yes to accept the license agreement.
- Click OK in the message that indicates that the installation was successful.
NOTE: The Qpreadme.txt file is placed in the same folder as the Excel program (such as C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\). This file includes conversion limitations, usage, and other Quattro Pro filters.
How to Use the Quattro Pro 7.0 Converter
- Start Excel.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 7.0 (Win).
- Select the file that you want, and then click Open.
The file is converted to the Excel file format and displayed in a workbook.
Article ID: 268135 - Last Review: August 5, 2004 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
|kbdownload kbhowto kbofficeupdate KB268135|Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.