This article describes how to perform a clean uninstall of Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011.
To perform a clean uninstall of Lync for Mac 2011, follow these steps:
- Log on to your computer by using administrative credentials.
- Exit Lync if it's running.
- Drag the Lync application to the Trash.
- To remove your existing Lync preferences, delete the following files:
Note This file is present only if you turned on Lync Logging.
- To remove all Lync files from your computer, delete the following folders in the Users/username/Documents/Microsoft User Data folder:
- Microsoft Lync Data
- Microsoft Lync History
Note If you delete the Microsoft Lync History folder, you delete all conversations that are saved in the Conversation History.
- In the Applications/Utilities folder, open Keychain Access.
- Delete any keychains on the left that resemble OC__KeyContainer__<email address>.
- In your Login keychain, delete the <your email address> certificate.
- In the Users/username/Library/Keychains folder, delete all the files that resemble OC__KeyContainer__<email address>.
See the following table for more information about the path locations that are used in Lync for Mac 2011:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Users/Home Folder/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Microsoft Lync Data ||Contains information about the users who have logged into Lync for Mac 2011 on this user account.|
|Users/Home Folder/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Microsoft Lync History||Contains conversation history for the user currently logged in.|
|Users/Home Folder/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Lync.plist||Contains application preferences for Lync.|
|Users/Home Folder/Library/Caches/com.microsoft.Lync||Contains server names and endpoints from previous connections to Lync servers.|
To view the Lync for Mac 2011 deployment guide, go to the following Microsoft website:
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2691870 - Last Review: June 26, 2014 - Revision: 9.0
- Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011
- Microsoft Lync Online
|o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 kb3rdparty KB2691870|