When all of the following conditions are met:
- The sp_addmergearticle stored procedure has a subset filter clause defined.
- The new article does not have a rowguid column.
- Snapshot files for the existing publication were ready before this article.
When you add an article to a pre-existing merge publication by using the sp_addmergearticle
stored procedure, the Snapshot Agent might fail and the following error message occurs:
Invalid column name 'rowguid'
To work around this problem:
- Add a rowguid column to the article by using the following code:
sp_MSaddguidindex 'publication_name', 'table_owner', 'table_name'
- Re-start the Snapshot Agent.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in SQL Server 2000.
Article ID: 269204 - Last Review: October 16, 2003 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition