Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager environment that distributes applications to mobile devices.
- You create an application (Application1) and you deploy the application to mobile devices. Application1 is installed on the mobile devices as expected.
- The Application1 installation on the mobile devices is configured as Not Removable, therefore Application1 cannot be uninstalled.
- You create a second application (Application2) that supersedes Application1. The installation process for Application2 is configured to uninstall Application1 before it installs Application2.
- You deploy Application2 to mobile devices. The deployment to a given device starts when that device is connected to the network.
- You use the Monitoring workspace in the Configuration Manager console to monitor the status of the application upgrade.
In this scenario, you receive an error message on the mobile device. The message states that Application1 cannot be uninstalled because Application1 is configured as Not Removable
. This error is expected. However, when you view the Monitoring workspace in Configuration Manager, the status of the Application2 deployment is displayed as In Progress
. Because Application1 cannot be uninstalled on the mobile device, you expect the deployment status to be displayed as Error
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2692920 - Last Review: July 19, 2012 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
|kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2692920|