Skype released Skype 5.9 for Windows on June 12, 2012, which offers performance enhancements and some new functionalities. This update includes:
- Voice and video calling your Facebook friends from Skype
- Taking video snapshots during your video calls with a hotkey
- Microsoft Bing Bar included as part of the install package
If you’re planning to upgrade from an earlier version of Skype for Windows, you can learn more
about the updates on the Skype Garage blog. The Archives section of the blog contains information on previous updates.
How can I install Skype 5.9 for Windows?
Follow these steps to install Skype 5.9 for Windows:
- Download the latest version
from the Skype web site. The light install file is 922 KB in size. You can also download the full install file
, which is 23.7 MB in size.
- Click Save File to save the Skype setup file.
- Click the Skype setup file in the Downloads window.
- Follow the steps in the setup wizard to complete the installation.
- Open Skype and sign in by entering your Skype Name
If you’re already using Skype:
- In the menu bar, select Help > Check for Updates.
- After checking the version, click Download, then click Upgrade.
For more information about Skype, visit: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home
Article ID: 2692954 - Last Review: April 15, 2013 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Windows Update