Article ID: 2699785 - View products that this article applies to.
There are multiple symptoms for the issue:
1. Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) option may be missing while creating the Wireless Profile on a client.
2. Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) option may go missing once we start file transfer using Window Easy Transfer wizard.
3. Remote Access Connection Manager does not start
The default location of the file SymRasMan.dll is %SystemRoot%\System32\rastls.dll. On installing Symantec Antivirus or Symantec Endpoint Protection the default location is then changed and edited in the registry to C:\Program Files\ Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection \SymRasMan.dll. After uninstallation this location is not reversed. The issue occurs because of a problem with registry keys which are not reverted to the defaults or .dll files indicated in registry values do not exist after removing Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0
These 2 registry hives are affected
The values of the following keys under EAP are modified from C:\System32\rastls.dll to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection \ SymRasMan.dll
4 new registry keys with their value as C:\Windows\ System32\rastls.dll are created.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
(http://bemis.partners.extranet.microsoft.com/kb/322756)(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To resolve this problem, modify the registry to correct the values of ConfigUiPath”, “IdentityPath”, “InteractiveUIPath” and “Path. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\13
3. Select the folder 13
4. Change the value for keys: “ConfigUiPath”, “IdentityPath”, “InteractiveUIPath” and “Path” to: C:\Windows\ System32\rastls.dll
5. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\25
6. Select the folder 25
7. Change the value for keys: “ConfigUiPath”, “IdentityPath”, “InteractiveUIPath” and “Path” to: C:\Windows\ System32\rastls.dll
8. Delete the following keys under folder 13 and 25
9. Exist the registry editor and then restart the computer
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.