Select the product you need help with
- Internet Explorer
- Windows Phone
- More products
How to add a product key to an eval version of System Center 2012 Operations Manager
Article ID: 2699998 - View products that this article applies to.
After installing System Center 2012 Operations Manager, you may look at Help -> About and see (Eval) after the Version info.This article describes how to add a Product Key to the Eval edition of System Center Operations Manager 2012.
To set the product key, use the Set-SCOMLicense cmdlet in PowerShell. To use the Set-SCOMLicense cmdlet you need to use elevated permissions (Run as Administrator).
1. Open PowerShell as an Administrator.
2. Load the OperationsManager Module (import-module operationsmanager).
3. Connect to your ManagementGroup (New-SCOMManagementGroupConnection).
4. Use Set-SCOMLicense -ProductId "yourlicensekey“
5. To check if changes were executed, run Get-SCOMManagementGroup | ft skuforlicense, version, timeofexpiration –a
Note: This may require a reboot after running in order to register correctly.
For more information on the Set-SCOMLicense cmdlet see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh920237.aspx
If the Eval Edition has expired, you will need to apply Update Rollup 2 (UR2) or later in order to run these commands.
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.