Microsoft has released security bulletin MS12-039. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft websites:
How to obtain help and support for this security update
Help installing updates:
Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals:
TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:
Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country:
Known issues and additional information about this security update
The following articles contain additional information about this security update as it relates to individual product versions. The articles may contain known issue information. If this is the case, the known issue is listed below each article link.
Known issues in security update 2693282:
MS12-039: Description of the security update for Lync 2010: June 12, 2012
- When you install a Lync 2010 update, you are not prompted to close Lync 2010. All ongoing conversations and conferences are closed so that the update can install successfully. After you complete the installation of the update, you must manually start Lync 2010.
MS12-039: Description of the security update for Lync 2010 Attendee (user level install): June 12, 2012
MS12-039: Description of the security update for Lync 2010 Attendee (admin level install): June 12, 2012
Known issues in security update 2702444:
MS12-039: Description of the security update for Lync 2010 Attendant: June 12, 2012
- If you try to uninstall this security update, you may you may receive a message that asks you to provide the media or discs that you used to install the software.
Note We do not recommend that you uninstall any security updates.
MS12-039: Description of the security update for Communicator 2007 R2: June 12, 2012
The following table lists the thumbprints of the certificates that are used to sign the security updates. Verify the certificate thumbprint in this KB article against the certificate thumbprint indicated on the security update that you download.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
Article ID: 2707956 - Last Review: September 4, 2013 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Lync 2010
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendant
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendee
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
|atdownload kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbsecbulletin kbsecurity kbsecvulnerability KB2707956|