This article describes a hotfix that provides the following improvements to the Documentum connector in Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint:
- Enables support for multiple repositories in the synchronization services
- Enables the data-protection API to encrypt passwords for the synchronization services
- Simplifies the steps that are required to set up Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS)
To apply the improvements from this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Disable custom security trimming. To do this, run the following script in Windows PowerShell 2.0:
customsecurity.ps1 -action disable
- Back up the following files from every FAST search node. Then, delete the files from your installation on every node.
- Apply the update that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
Description of the FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint hotfix package (Fsserver-x-none.msp): April 24, 2012
- Enable custom security trimming on each FAST search node. To do this, run the following script in Windows PowerShell 2.0 by using administrator rights:
% customsecurity.ps1 –action enableNote This script prompts you for the location of the AD LDS.
- Configure the user profile synchronization service that connects to the Documentum content server. This action populates the AD LDS with group membership data from the Documentum content server. To do this, follow these steps:
- Locate the following configuration file:
- In the configuration file, make the following changes to the <DataSource.Documentum> section:
- Set a Documentum logon name. Set a password for the logon name.
Note You must make sure that the password for repository administrators is encrypted.
- Set the name of the Documentum repository.
Note This repository may have the Trusted Content Services (TCS) enabled.
- Set the location of the Documentum Foundation Services (DFS).
- Configure the connectivity settings to the Documentum content server. For more information about configuring these settings, go to the following Microsoft TechNet website:
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2712702 - Last Review: June 5, 2012 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint
|kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2712702|