When you attempt to use the shortcut key combination COMMAND+SHIFT+P to edit the font size of text, the Project Gallery is opened instead.
Microsoft reassigned the COMMAND+SHIFT+P shortcut key combination to the Project Gallery in Word 2001 for Mac.
To change the font size, use one of the following methods:
- To increase the font size, use COMMAND+SHIFT+>.
- To decrease the font size, use COMMAND+SHIFT+<.
- To set a specific font size, click the arrow to the right of the Font Size box on the Formatting Palette, and then click the font size that you want. You can also type the font size directly in the Font Size box.
Alternatively, you can assign a new shortcut key combination to the FontSizeSelect
command. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Customize.
- Click Keyboard.
- In the Save changes in box, click the current document name or template in which you want to save the shortcut key changes.
- In the Categories box, click Format.
- In the Commands box, scroll down until you can see FontSizeSelect, and then click it. Any shortcut keys currently assigned to that command appear in the Current keys box.
- In the Press new shortcut key box, press the shortcut key combination that you want to assign. NOTE: After you press the key combination that you want to use as a shortcut, the Currently
assigned to box appears and displays any other action that is assigned to that key combination. If the key combination is already assigned to an action, and you click Assign, the previous action assigned to that key combination is lost.
- Click Assign.
For more information about customizing the shortcut keys, follow these steps:
- On the Help menu, click Contents and Index, click Index, and then click C.
- Scroll down until you locate customize, and then click the arrow to the left to view a list of topics under the general topic.
- Click Customize shortcut key assignments.
If you cannot find the information that you want, ask the Office Assistant.
Article ID: 272843 - Last Review: October 26, 2013 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Word 2001 for Mac
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB272843|