When you try to create a new virtual machine collection for a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) deployment on a Hyper-V server that is running Windows Server 2012, the operation fails. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
The specified storage path for the virtual desktop template is not valid. Ensure that the central storage path is correct, and then try again
This issue occurs when all the following conditions are true:
- You use a net share Windows PowerShell cmdlet to create an export location for the virtual desktop template image.
- The export location for the virtual desktop template image is on a Remote Desktop Virtualization Host (RDVH).
- The virtual desktop template is on the RDVH host.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Change the export location for the virtual desktop template from an RDVH host to a dedicated file server.
- Run the following commands at an elevated command prompt on the server on which you created the export location:
icacls \\<Share Host>\MyVdiShare /grant builtin\administrators:(OI)(CI)(F)
icacls \\<share-Host>\MyVdiShare /grant "NT Authority\system":(OI)(CI)(F)
Article ID: 2737614 - Last Review: August 16, 2012 - Revision: 2.0
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper V
- Windows Server 2012 Standard
|kbprb kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2737614|