Assume that you debug a Windows Store app that supports the share target contract in Microsoft Visual Studio 2012. In this situation, you receive an error message that resembles the following when you try to use the Share charm in Windows 8:
Something went wrong with Share. Try again later.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To work around this issue, restart the Windows Explorer process in Task Manager. To do this, follow these steps.
- Press CTRL+ALT+Delete, and then click Task Manager to open Task Manager.
Note To open Task Manager on a tablet that does not have a physical keyboard, swipe in from the right edge, and then select the Search charm. Select Apps and then type Task Manager. Click the Task Manager tile.
- Click the Details tab.
- Select explorer.exe, and then click End task.
- On the File menu, click Run new task.
- In the Create new task dialog box, type explorer, and then click OK.
Article ID: 2745101 - Last Review: November 14, 2012 - Revision: 2.0
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Pro
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8
- Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012
- Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2012
- Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2012
|kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced KB2745101|