This article describes how to add a disclaimer to your company’s outgoing email messages in Microsoft Office 365. In Microsoft Exchange Online, you can take the following actions:
- Append a disclaimer so that the text appears at the end of email messages as a footer.
- Prepend a disclaimer so that the text appears at the beginning of email messages.
To add a disclaimer to your company's outgoing messages, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal (http://portal.microsoftonline.com
) as an administrator.
- In the header, click Admin, and then click Exchange to open the Exchange Administration Center.
- In the left navigation pane, click Mail Flow, and then click Rules.
- Click New, and then click More options on the new rule page.
- In the Name of rule box, type a name for the new rule.
- Under *If, select the conditions that must met for a message to include the disclaimer.
- Under *Do the following, point to Apply a disclaimer to the message, and then take one of the following actions:
- To add disclaimer text to the end of the message as a footer, click Append a disclaimer.
- To add disclaimer text to the beginning of the message, click Prepend a disclaimer.
- Click Enter text, and then type the disclaimer text that you want.
- Specify any other settings that you want for the rule.
- Click Select one, and then specify a fallback action to take if the rule can't be applied.
- Under Choose a mode for this rule, click Enforce this rule.
- Click Save.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2750619 - Last Review: May 31, 2013 - Revision: 7.0
- Microsoft Exchange Online
|o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 o365 after upgrade KB2750619|