Consider the following scenario:
- You install the hotfix that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2553260.
- The following text appears in the URL values under the ServiceLocations registry key for Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS):
Note The ServiceLocations registry key is installed in one of the following locations:
- You try to open or create Information Rights Management (IRM)-protected content by using one of the following applications:
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
In this scenario, the Office 2010 application freezes before it starts fully.
To resolve this issue, install the following hotfix:
Description of the Office 2010 hotfix package (Mso-x-none.msp): December 11, 2012
After you apply this hotfix package, you must match the URL values that are under the ServiceLocations
registry key and in the service connection point objects, and remove all port numbers from the URL values.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2760495 - Last Review: December 12, 2012 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Office Standard 2010
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010
|kbqfe kbbug kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertisebeginner KB2760495|