Some transition animation effects that you apply to slides
in a Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 presentation or a Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 presentation may not be animated or may otherwise
appear different than what you expect when the presentation is viewed in
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5.
The transition animations that may
not behave as expected include the following:
- Comb Horizontal
- Comb Vertical
- Cut Through Black
- Fade Smoothly
- Fade Through Black
- Shape Diamond
- Shape Plus
- Wheel (any)
To illustrate the differences in viewing the transition
animations of a PowerPoint 2003 or PowerPoint 2002 presentation in Internet Explorer 5.5, follow these
- Start PowerPoint 2003 or PowerPoint 2002, and then create a 22-slide presentation using
the default style.
- Select all of the even-numbered slides.
- On the Format menu, click Background.
- Under Background fill, select any color,
and then click Apply.
This step makes it easier to view transition effects.
- Select slide 1, and then in the Title placeholder, type
- In the Subtitle placeholder, type
- On the Slide Show menu, click Slide Transition.
- On the Slide Transition pane, select either of the Blinds
- Select slide 2, and in the Title placeholder, type
- On the Slide Transition pane, select either of the Box
- Type some text in the body of the slide.
- Repeat steps 9 through 11 for the remainder of the slides,
using the following titles and transitions (one for each of the remaining 20
Checker-Either Checkerboard transition
Comb Horizontal-Title and transition
Comb Vertical-Title and transition
Cover-Any Cover transition
Cut-Title and transition
Cut Through Black-Title and transition
Dissolve-Title and transition
Fade-Either Fade transition
Newsflash-Title and transition
Push-Any Push transition
Random Bars-Either Random Bars transition
Shape Circle-Title and transition
Shape Diamond-Title and transition
Shape Plus-Title and transition
Split-Any Split transition
Strips-Any Strips transition
Uncover-Any Uncover transition
Wedge-Title and transition
Wheel-Any Wheel transition
Wipe-Any Wipe transition
- In Internet Explorer, click Slide Show. Note that not all of the transitions exhibit the expected
for other considerations.
Article ID: 278565 - Last Review: January 11, 2015 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbslideshow kbanimation kbprb KB278565|